Monday, September 24, 2012

Ruffled Shirts

I have a new resolution to only keep one project going at a time, so I can hopefully actually finish things.
Unfortunately, I get really excited about things, and when I'm in the middle of a project, thinking about another one, it makes my knitting really boring. Oh well, I'll just have to keep calm, and carry on.

After watching Repo! The Genetic Opera for the 100th time (roughly), I have decided I want that freakin' shirt-vest combination.

 Pain in the ass to find a decent picture. What whatever. The idea is pretty straight-forward: Ruffled top, harness vest, tall collar, etc, etc.

Hancock Fabric was having a  sale on Simplicity Patterns, which made my day. Unfortunately, I got there late, and most the good ones were gone, but I was able to pick up a few. Including some vest patterns! Sweet!

But the top, I feel like I could make myself, sans pattern. Well, more like a combination of patterns and shit that I make up. Either way.

I could probably work a t-shirt into something similar, and knit up some lace for the ruffles. Might not be a bad idea, really. A blouse would work best, but I don't really have any to spare.

The lace would have to be something full, but still delicate. I like this one, personally.

We'll see how it ruffles, though. I'll do some experiments and see what works best. Experiments in lace!

I have to finish those socks first, though... erg...

1 comment:

  1. Never underestimate what you may find in a thrift store. Blouses that can be butchered, vests from old tuxes, and crochet cotton that will stand up nicely to being pressed, pinned, and generally fiddled with :)

    ReplyDelete