Monday, November 26, 2012

Finished items and Christmas

I finally finished my Cables and Garter Cardi I started back in October. After hibernating for a while, I decided to finish it for Reddit's Finish ALL the Things! I'm really proud of myself, its the biggest project I've ever done.

I call it the Prude Jacket! I picked this pattern so I could wear my tank tops to work--I would have my shoulders covered and I wouldn't have to worry about cleavage.
I really couldn't be happier. I put a lot of work into it, and it came out great. One of those moments when I'm happy to be me. :)

I finished a pocketed scarf for a Christmas Present!


Its a Common Knowledge Pattern:

Cabled Pocket Scarf
CO 12 sts
Stockinette twice the length of the desired length of pocket
Even Row: k3, p2, k6, p2, k3
Odd Row: k5, p6, k5

Every few Even Rows, cable 3.

When scarf is desired length, stockinette the same length as the previous pocket.

Fold pockets in half; stitch sides.

I used Super Bulky yarn and size 13 needles. It felt like cheating, but it was good. One present down!

I went to a local yarn store--Sheepish--for Small Business Saturday. It was my first time in an LYS! IT WAS SO COOL. The people there were really friendly, really helpful, and overall made the place really welcoming. I bought some alpaca and some nice doublepoints. I say nice, but they are SO light--they are birch--that it feels weird. It'll take some getting used to.

I made a headband for my mum.


KnitPicks is having their Cyber Monday sale. Its probably bad for my health (and wallet), but OMG SO MUCH CHEAP YARN. I bought the fixings to make all my Christmas presents. Good news is, I'm selling a scarf with a profit margin that of the amount of money I spent, so... I don't feel too bad!

We have a little 5' tree in our apartment (fake), and we need to decorate it. Of course, it'll be with nerd decorations, hopefully all hand-made (therefore, free). I'm going to knit a few things in between gifts. Christmas is always super busy...

Happy Knitting, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment