Monday, August 13, 2012

Meatballs

Meatballs
  • ½ Pound ground beef
  • ½ cup chopped onion
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • ¼ cup bread crumbs
  • ¼ cup parmesan
  • 1 egg
Mix all ingredients together. Sprinkle with seasonings as you please. Form into small, ½-inch balls. Fry in pan. Eat.

About 130 calories for 3 meatballs.

Things I like about this recipe: 3 meatballs is a good amount of protein, and its still a reasonable number of calories. They are delicious, reasonably sized for lunch boxes, and are overall really good.

Things I don’t like about this recipe: The main issue with meatballs is not the meat, it’s the pasta you eat it with. 2 oz of rotini is 200 calories. That’s ¾ cup dry. Not to mention sauce. So even though these are a great way to get some protein, be careful what you eat with them. I’m still working on the perfect lunch with these, but it looks like I'm leaning toward meatball sandwiches. I’ll keep you updated.

Things I could change about this recipe: Not a whole lot. You could replace the parmesan with more breadcrumbs, make the breadcrumbs from whole wheat bread... put more veggies in it, maybe... more Garlic... These are pretty basic, simple meatballs. I don’t see much reason to change it, although suggestions are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment